B) THE SECOND FOUNDATION OF DIFFERENCES. (Incorrect Beliefs Of The Deobandi School).
You have read in the previous pages that the first basic cause of our differences with the Deobandi scholars, is their disrespect of the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), and their denial of the basic tenets of Islam. You would have definitely assessed by now that our hatred and abhorrence of the Deobandi scholars because of their blasphemy can never end - for it is a requirement of our faith.
The first basic cause was quite sufficient for our separation from the Deobandi school, but you will be astonished to know that there are quite a few special beliefs upheld by the Deobandi scholars, which are also playing a vital role in widening the gulf between us. Provided below are some of their beliefs, with reference to their books:
1. A follower (member of the Ummah) can surpass the Prophets in deeds. (Tahzeer-ul-Naas)
2. It is not necessary for the Prophets to be immune from saying blatant lies. (Tasfia-ul-Aqaid)
3. It is wrong to consider that saying lies is against the dignity of Prophethood.(Tasfia-ul-Aqaid)
4. It is wrong to believe that Prophets are innocent of sinning. (Tasfia-ul-Aqaid).
5. A person engaged in prayers becomes a polytheist (mushrik) upon diverting his thoughts towards the Prophet. (Siraate-Mustaqeem)
6. To think about the Prophet whilst one is in prayer is worse than being engrossed in the thoughts of adultery, or thinking about a donkey or an ox. (Siraate-Mustaqeem)
7. It is possible for Allah to tell lies (Yakrozi).
8. It is a heresy to deem Allah free from time and space (Idha-ul-Haq)
9. The deceptions of magicians are greater than the miracles of the Prophets. (Mansabe-Imamat).
10. A person, who labels the Companions of the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) as "infidels", is not out of the fold of Jamaat Ahle Sunnah. (Fatawahe Rashidiah)
11. Whoever is named "Mohammed" or "Ali" does not have authority over anything. (Taqwiat-ul-Iman)
12. All creations - whether small (such as common men) or great (such as prophets and saints) - they all are, before Allah`s majesty, more lowly than even a cobbler. (Taqwiat-ul-Iman)
13. One who considers the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) as his mediator and intercessor on the Day of Resurrection, is equal to Abu Jahal in polytheism. (Taqwiat-ul-Iman)
14. It is polytheism to have names such as "Rasool Baksh", "Nabi Baksh", "Gulam Mohiuddin" and "Gulam Moeenuddin". (Taqwiat-ul-Iman)
15. To be "A mercy for the entire creation" (Rehmatul Lil Alameen) is not an exclusive attribute of our Holy Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). The followers can also be the "A mercy for the entire creation" (Rehmatul Lil Alameen). (Fatawahe Rashidiah)
16. Eating from the food prepared for Fateha of the saints, causes the heart to die. (Taqwiat-ul-Iman)
17. The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is our elder brother, we are his younger brothers. (Taqwiat-ul-Iman)
18. It is polytheism to say, "if Allah and His Prophet will a thing, it will be accomplished". (Bahishti Zewar).
19. To travel for the sake of visiting the mausoleums of any Prophet (peace be upon them) or any saint, or to illuminate their mausoleums, to carpet them, to sweep there, give people water to drink or make arrangements for their ablution and bathing - (all this) is polytheism. (Taqwiat-ul-Iman).
Here I will request my readers to reflect upon the above mentioned beliefs of the Deobandi school with justice and sincerity. Among these beliefs are a few that affect the belief of Tauheed (the Oneness of Allah) and a few others which if accepted as true would put the faith of a billion Muslims in danger - and this does not stop here. Billions of our ancestors, who accepted faith contrary to these beliefs as true Islam, will also come within the purview of such beliefs.
For a little while, put the Bareillvi scholars aside, and with your religious temperament, decide whether you agree with the above mentioned beliefs and actions or not - and without any hesitation just decide in a clear YES or NO - whether the present Muslim society is based on these beliefs or not. If not and obviously not, then please give a decision regarding the scholars of Bareilly who have disagreed with the above noted beliefs and have struggled to save the Ummah from these filthy beliefs actions, and have also striven to keep the Ummah associated with the correct beliefs of Islam.
It is now up to the Muslim masses to decide whether this significant achievement of the righteous Ahle Sunnah Bareillvi scholars was in the interest of the Ummah or otherwise - and whether the services they rendered caused dissension within the Ummah or have saved it from breaking up.
If you agree that the faith of the majority of the Muslims worldwide is the same as that which the scholars of Bareilly upheld, you will then have to accept that it was these scholars who were the true leaders of the Muslim masses. Those who, under the influence of false propaganda of the opponents, accuse the Ahle Sunnah Bareillvi scholars of sowing the seeds of dissension within the Ummah, deserve to be called the worst ingrates in history.
Even if you do not call yourself a Bareillvi, you must be thankful to the Ahle Sunnah Bareillvi scholars for the noble role that they played by saving you from falling victim of the incorrect teachings of the Deobandi school - and for keeping the Muslim Ummah associated with proper beliefs.
C) THE THIRD FOUNDATION OF DIFFERENCES (Improper Decrees Issued By The Deobandi School)
Under this basis of differences are the verdicts and writings of the Deobandi scholars in which the religious traditions of the Muslims masses (Jumhur) have been termed as "Forbidden" (Haram) and heretic innovations. Read please the details below:
1. They term the seeking of mediation (Tawassul) from the Prophets and saints as forbidden and a sin.
2. They do not accept the belief that the Holy Prophet (peace be upon them) had knowledge of the hidden, even if it is given by Allah.
3. According to the explanation of Taqwiat-ul-Iman, they believe that the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) has mingled with dust.
4. Holding of Meelad (Mawlid) gatherings and Qiyam Salam (the prevalent way in which a devotee prays for peace and blessings of Allah upon the beloved Prophet, in a state of standing upright) - all these are forbidden according to them.
5. Holding gatherings in order to convey the reward of Fateha, recitation of the Qur`an etc., either for saints or for common Muslims - all these are forbidden according to them.
6. They term it forbidden to hold public meetings to narrate the martyrdom of Hazrat Imam Husain or to commemorate Gyarhween Shareef of Hazrat Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani and Chhatti of Hazrat Shaykh Moeenuddin Chishti. .