ANOTHER OBJECTION BY THE DEOBANDI SCHOLARS - AND ITS ANSWER
The people against whom Ala Hazrat Imam Ahmed Raza (of Bareilly) used his pen could not bear their wounds, and kept moaning all their life. Revenge is a basic instinct of every wounded person - and naturally, when a person cannot restrict his enemies, he resorts to hurling abuses. The same thing happened with Ala Hazrat. The people who could not defend the charge of insulting the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) through knowledge and proper arguments, concluded that the only way of satisfying their lust for revenge was to tarnish the image of Ala Hazrat - by any means, fair or foul.
When they could not find anything objectionable in the dignity and personality of Ala Hazrat, they concocted the false charge that Ala Hazrat has revived various innovations instead of reviving the Sunnah - whereas as a Renewer of Islam, the greatest accomplishment of Ala Hazrat is his differentiation and segregation of right from wrong, and truth from falsehood - innumerable examples of these are spread over huge volumes of his decrees (fatawas).
The name of Shaykhe Deoband Husain Ahmed Madani, tops the list of those who raised such accusations against Ala Hazrat. In his book entitled "Al Shihab-ul-Saqib", he has hurled about 600 abuses on Ala Hazrat, among which is "The Renewer of Innovations" - which is a scar on the page of his book.
But at this stage, I wish to salute the character and dignity of Ala Hazrat again and again that despite the Deobandis` grave enmity, the accusers have not yet been able to prove him as a pioneer of innovations.
The difference in the meaning of "Pioneer" and "Renewer" is well known to every learned person. Those who called Ala Hazrat the "Renewer" of innovations must now prove who is the "Pioneer" of the "innovations" which supposedly Ala Hazrat has revived. And they will also have to give account, as to how many times have they abused the "Pioneers" of such innovations.
Although it is not the main topic, I do have a long list of innovations - the "pioneers" of which are none other than the Deobandi scholars themselves! Though I do not have ample time, but to prove my objection and in relevancy with the occasion, I quote only some of the innovations pioneered by the Deobandi scholars, as listed below:
1. Reading the complete Saheeh Bukhari Shareef (the famous Hadith collection), in order raise money for the Madressah, while giving the excuse that this was done for "repelling calamities fulfilling needs" - the pioneer of this innovation is none other than the Darul Uloom Deoband itself.
2. Assigning a specific place for funeral prayers in the courtyard of Darul Uloom Deoband, not on the basis of administrative reasons but on the basis of wrong beliefs - the pioneer of this innovation is none other than the Darul Uloom Deoband itself.
3. Stipulating that the shroud of a dead Muslim must always be made of Khaddar (a hand spun coarse cloth) - and refusing to lead / offer the funeral prayers in the absence of Khaddar - the pioneer of this innovation is none other than the Shaykh of Deoband, Maulvi Husain Ahmed!
4. Holding a large celebration upon completion of 100 years of Deoband Madressah, with huge arrangements and publicity for the sake of conferring certificates to scholars - and inviting a polytheist, "Gair Mahram" (forbidden even to look at) woman on the stage, and giving her the seat of "Chief Guest" - and as if this was not enough, seating all their elderly scholars and students at her footsteps below the stage - the pioneers of these several evil innovations are none other than the scholars of Deoband.
5. Standing up respectfully on hearing the National Anthem (of India) which contains several polytheistic phrases, and that too in the courtyard of a religious school - the pioneers of this evil innovation are none other than the scholars of Deoband.
6. Considering that it is a "religious duty" to help a Congress Leader to gain victory in elections - the pioneer of this innovation is none other than the Shaykh of Deoband, Maulvi Husain Ahmed!
7. Holding a public meeting with invitations, for the sake of condoling the death of their elders and then reciting eulogies based on heresy and apostasies - the pioneer of this innovation is none other than the Darul Uloom Deoband itself.
8. Compulsorily stopping the people after a predetermined particular Salat (obligatory prayer) and delivering a lecture from the book "Tableeghi Nisaab" - the pioneers of these several innovations are none other than the scholars of Deoband. (This book has now been named "Fazaile Aamal").
9. Taking the people out of their homes for "special worship" and on tours around the world in the name of inviting people to recite Kalema and offer Salat - the pioneers of this innovation are none other than the scholars of Deoband.
10. Ordering all the people present to stand up in respect of the Indian President when he arrived, while the national anthem (of India) was being sung in the courtyard of the Darul Uloom - the pioneers of this innovation are none other than the scholars of Deoband, who were themselves present on the stage. Now they must answer as what kind of innovation this was.
These and countless other innovations have been pioneered by the Deobandi school - but they never get tired of terming Ala Hazrat as an Innovator!
Scholars of the Deobandi school give the decree of "heresy" without any hesitation on every newly originated action, and by terming it as prohibited, they create new differences and new intrigues among the Muslims.
Take the case of Mawlid as an example. The most important reason given by them to prove that it is "an innovation, haram (prohibited) and a heresy" is that it is a 700-year-old innovation. In its present state, it was neither at the time of the Holy Prophet, nor in the age of the Companions or Tabayeens. But when it is asked, that if according to you it is a heresy only because of it being a newly invented act, then please point out any of its components which eradicates any Sunnah or comes under the category of forbidden acts - so they have no answer, except to keep silent.