(15) Imaam Arif Billah Sayyidi Abdul Wahab Sha`raani (radi Allahu anhu), in his book, "Lawaaqi-ul-Anwaar Fi Tabqaatil Akhyaar", records a strange and miraculous incident.
It is recorded that a Mureed of Sayyidi Mohammed Khawri (radi Allahu anhu) was once passing through the market, when the foot of the animal he was riding slipped. In extreme panic he screamed, "Ya Sayyidi Muhammad, Ya Ghamri!" Co-incidently, in that very market place, the captured ruler ibn Omar Sa`eed was also passing through. He inquired from the Mureed as to who was Sayyidi Mohammed. When he was told who he was, he asked permission to use the name of the Murshid so that he could also be released. As soon as he had proclaimed the name of the great Wali, the spiritual master appeared and driving away the capturers, freed the ruler. The Shaikh then blessed the ruler, and thereafter departed.
(16) A similar incident is mentioned of Sayyidi Shamsudeen Mohammed Hanafi (radi Allahu anhu). It is stated that the great Saint while performing Wudhu removed his sandal and threw it with tremendous fury and it disappeared into thin air. He then removed his other sandal and advised one of his Mureeds to retain it until such time that the first sandal was returned.
After some time a traveller from Syria arrived with the missing sandal and some gifts for Hazrat Shamsudeen (radi Allahu anhu). He then narrated that while he was travelling, he was attacked by a highwayman, who overpowered him and wanted to slit his throat. Under this extreme situation he called out aloud, "Ya Sayyidi Muhammad, Ya Hanafi." Suddenly, a sandal appeared from thin air and struck the robber. This Mureed then stated that it was indeed through the Wasila
and power of his Murshid that he had been saved.
(17) In the very same book it is recorded that when the Spiritual Master, Hazrat Sayyidi Shamsudeen Hanafi (radi Allahu anhu) was on his death-bed, he called his Mureeds and said: "If anyone has any wish or need, he should come to my grave, I will indeed help him in fulfilling it. Remember between you and me, there is merely a handful of sand, and how can a mere handful of sand be a screen between a Murshid and his Mureed. If the sand does become a screen, then the murshid cannot be perfect a Man (Insaan-e-Kaamil)."
(18) Incidents of similar nature are recorded by Hazrat Imaam Abdul Wahab Sha`raani (radi Allahu anhu) in his book, "Tabqaat-e-Kubra." We shall quote a few.
(19) Sayyidi Mohammed Farghal (radi Allahu anhu) states: "I am indeed amongst those Saints who can assist you from the grave. If, therefore, you have any wish or need come to my grave and facing me, mention your requirements. I will fulfill them."
(20) It is recorded that while Hazrat Sayyidi Madeen Ahmed Ashmooni (radi Allahu anhu) was performing the Wudhu, he suddenly threw his sandal towards the Eastern side of the city. A year later a man arrived and described a strange incident. He said: "My daughter was once walking in the jungle, when an evil man tried to entrap her. She did not at the time remember the name of her father`s Murshid, yet in panic, she screamed, `O Murshid of my father, save me!`. Suddenly, a sandal appeared from thin air and rendered the evil man unconscious." It is stated that the sandal is still in the possession of the mentioned family.
(21) Among the excellences of Hazrat Sayyidi Moosa Abu Imraan (radi Allahu anhu), it is recorded that whenever his Mureeds used to call to him, he immediately use to assist them, even though the Mureed was as far away as a year`s journey or even more.
(22) Hazrat Shaikh-e-Muhaqqiq Abdul Haq Muhaddith Dehlwi (radi Allahu anhu), in his famous book, "Akhbaarul Akhyaar" mentions Shaikh Baha`udeen bin Ebraheem Ata`ullah Al Ansaari Ash Shattari (radi Allahu anhu), who is the author of a very famous book on Tasawwuf entitled "Risaala Shat`taaria", has recorded in his book a specific type of Zikr known as "Zikr-e-Kashful Arwah."
The great Saint mentions: "There are two ways of making the Zikr of `Ya Ahmed` and `Ya Muhammad`. The first way is to recite `Ya Ahmed` from the right side and `Ya Muhammad` from the left side, concentrating on the thought of `Ya Mustafa.`
"The second method is to recite `Ya Ahmed, Ya Ali, Ya Hasan, Ya Husain, Ya Fathima.` This is to be read from all six directions. In other words, one should begin with `Ya Ahmed` till the end. Thereafter, the next name and so on. By performing this Zikr in the specified manner one will obtain the secrets of Kashful Arwah (Manifestation of the Souls).
"The Zikr of the names of Angels, which is performed in the same manner and which has the same effect, namely `Ya Jibraeel, Ya Israeel, Ya Mikaeel, Ya Izraeel.` This is performed from all four sides and also results in Kashful Arwah.
"Another method is by reciting `Ya Shaikh, Ya Shaikh` one thousand times in the following manner. The person should pronounce the word, `Ya Shaikh` from the right side of the heart and at the time of pronouncing the word `Shaikh` he should concentrate on striking it on the heart. Through this method, one can also achieve Kashful Arwah."
(23) Discussing the life and teachings of Hazrat Moulana Jalalludeen Rumi (radi Allahu anhu), Hazrat Sayyidi Noorudeen Moulana Abdur Rahman Jaami (radi Allahu anhu) writes: At the last moments, before the passing away of Moulana Rumi (radi Allahu anhu), he revealed to his Mureeds a startling secret. He said: "Do not be sad at my passing away, because one hundred and fifty years after the passing away of Hazrat Mansoor (radi Allahu anhu), his Noor beamed on the soul of Hazrat Fareedudeen Attar (radi Allahu anhu) and became his Murshid (Spiritual Guide) in the spiritual world."
Moulana Rumi (radi Allahu anhu) then stated: "Whatever condition you may be in, remember me, so that I can be your protector and helper,
irrespective of what state I may be in."
He further states: "In this world I have two types of relationships, one with my body and the other with you, and when, with the Mercy of Allah I am freed from this contact with my body and the world of loneliness is exposed to me, I will divert the attention of my soul to you."
(24) Hazrat Shah Wali`ullah Dehlwi (radi Allahu anhu), in his book, "Ateebul Ghanum fi Madh-e-Sayyadal Arabi Wal Ajam", comments on the Quranic verse pertaining to the state of ecstasy in the love for the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam). He states: