By: Dr. Salah Soltan
[All praises and thanks be to Allah, Who (Alone) created the heavens and the earth and originated the darkness and the light; yet those who disbelieve hold others as equal with their Lord.] [Al-An`am 6:1].
Transliteration: Al-Hamdu Lillahi Al-Ladhi Khalaqa As-Samawati Wa Al-`Arda Wa Ja`ala Až-Žulumati Wa An-Nura Thumma Al-Ladhina Kafaru Birabbihim Ya`diluna
And I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah, Who puts the clouds to their course, Who revealed The Book (the Qur`an), and Who Alone defeated the Confederates (Al-Ahzab). All peace and blessings be upon Muhammad — the leader of the mujahideen and the master of the first and last generations — and those persevering people who follow him to the Day of Judgment.
Concerning the issue at hand, I call on the human conscience to make a unified stand against this Zionist tyranny against the men, women, and children in the Gaza Strip and I call for the following:
1. Continuous peaceful demonstrations and a one-day strike by every person who feels solicitude for Jerusalem, Palestine, and the martyrs and casualties of Gaza. This is to declare an overwhelming fury that calls the attention of the world and passes the point that we will not silently accept these injustices. And let these demonstrations and strikes escalate until governments reconsider their shameful stances of submissiveness to the oppressors and failing the victimized, and let them think of these words of a poet:
The blazing of fire in the midst of dust provokes the furor of the Volcano
The small water drops precede the flood and the hurricane
It surges, uproots the tyrants with a roar beyond the tyranny of their cane
2. Communication with human relief agencies in each country — or establishing them where none exist — is a must, to provide all medical and food requirements for our fellow Gazans. This is a religious obligation for every Muslim who owns more than his or her basic needs.
This is a religious obligation for every Muslim who owns more than his or her basic needs.
3. I hope that mosque imams and orators will take on their responsibilities before Allah of uniting Muslims at mosques and stating clearly the duty of fighting against Zionist assailants; giving our complete support for our brothers and sisters in Palestine; making Qunoot (Arabic for: supplication before or after bowing in prayer) against the Zionist oppressors in every prayer, those who support them, and those who turn a blind eye to them; encouraging Muslims to fast and do late-night prayers collectively; and reminding them of what Allah says in these verses of the Qur`an:
Transliteration: La Yasta`dhinuka Al-Ladhina Yu`uminuna Billahi Wa Al-Yawmi Al-`Akhiri `An Yujahidu Bi`amwalihim Wa `Anfusihim Wa Allahu `Alimun Bil-Muttaqina, `Innama Yasta`dhinuka Al-Ladhina La Yu`uminuna Billahi Wa Al-Yawmi Al-`Akhiri Wa Artabat Qulubuhum Fahum Fi Raybihim Yataraddaduna
[Translation: Those who believe in Allah and the Last Day would not ask your leave to be exempted from fighting with their properties and their lives; and Allah is All-Knowing of the pious. It is only those who believe not in Allah and the Last Day and whose hearts are in doubt that ask your leave (to be exempted from Jihad), so in their doubts they waver.] [At-Tawbah 9:44-45].
4. I believe that it is a firm obligation on the elites of every village, city, town, and governorate to send delegations that represent all public levels to impel officials to take on their historical, religious, and human responsibility toward Palestine generally and our sons and daughters in Gaza particularly and form peaceful pressure groups to compel these regimes to retreat from this terrible ignominy.
5. I call on visual, audio, and printed media outlets to act on their responsibility of media jihad, unveiling the crimes of the Zionist enemy and highlighting the tragic situation in Gaza. I also call on all actors, actresses, and singers to stop acting and singing except in one direction: support for Gazans — who have been wronged and whose close ones have been killed — and furor at those Zionist assailants.
6. I call on our youth in sports clubs to whom the hearts of young fans are tied to act like this professional, unique, Muslim football player Abu Treka and get to double Allah`s love and support for them and with this the love of Muslims all over the Arab and Muslim Worlds.
I hope that mosque imams and orators will take on their responsibilities before Allah of encouraging Muslims to fast and do late-night prayers collectively.
7. I call on all Muslim traders, businessmen, and consumers to boycott all Israeli products or those produced by companies that donate to the Zionist entities.
8. I call on imams, speakers, journalists, poets, writers, and literary authors to enrich the religious, cultural, and media pulpits with resistance literature and to send out a message of hope that the more ferocious events get, the more hope we lay on Allah who promised to exterminate the tyrants and grant victory to the believers and Who made it a duty on Him in His grandeur saying in the Qur`an:
Transliteration: Wa Kana Haqqaan `Alayna Nasru Al-Mu`uminina
[and it was due (to them) upon Us to help the believers.] [Ar-Rum 30:47].
Let them act as Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) when the confederating tribes gathered to exterminate the people of Madinah and the Muslims started digging the trench around Madinah. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) would then tell them these cheering words to spread hope and eliminate any seeds of despair: "Allah is the Greatest, Khaybar is conquered; Allah is the Greatest, Persia is conquered; Allah is the Greatest, the Romans are conquered". Then Allah`s victory was granted to the Muslims, the disbelievers were turned down with no gains, and the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) then said, "Now we conquer them and they do not conquer us."
Transliteration: Wa Allahu Ghalibun `Alá `Amrihi Wa Lakinna `Akthara An-Nasi La Ya`lamuna
[And Allah has full power and control over His Affairs, but most people know not.] [Yusuf 12:21].
Transliteration: Sayaj`alu Allahu Ba`da `Usrin Yusraan
And [Allah will grant after hardship, ease.] [At-Talaq 65:7].